Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This Is My Year.....

This post is a little hard and emotional for me to write about. It is something I have struggled with my entire life and well I'm tired of it and ready to make some life changes or maybe should I say lifestyle changes. This is me being real....taking off the mask i guess you could say and exposing something that I struggle with all day everday.

I have been overweight for my entire life or well at least as far back as I can remember (for those of you that know me know that I remember everything). I've said every year for I don't know how many now that this year I'm going to lose the weight, and well I haven't. I lose some I gain some and then I remain the same. This year is different. I am motivated. I want to be healthly....And I'm ready to make the changes for that to happen. I have a picture in my living room from 2003 when I had lost alot of weight on WW. And I want to get there again....really actually more than that because that picture was still not near goal.

I have a few minor set backs with health...I have PCOS and have insulin resistance related to that. But I'm determined to not let that be a crutch. I went to the nutritionist last year and was given the information that I needed to be healthier. And so that is what I'm going to do. I'm one that if I set my mind to something I do it. I am tired of being the extremely overweight girl in the room. I'm tired of how I feel when I am in a picture with all of my "skinny" friends. I'm tired of being tired because I carry all this weight around.

So what do I need from you my family and friends...I need love (sometimes tough love) and support....lots of support....

I know that this is not going to be easy. But I am 100% committed to doing this.

This is my year!

Until next time....love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Lyndsey. I'm pullin' for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! YAY for you Lynz! Let me know if I can help. You're always welcome to go to the gym with me if you're ever in Nashville. (Actually it would be motivation for me too.....) :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndsey...I am so glad I found you on FB yesterday which lead me to your blog! You are still the same sweet Lyndsey!:) I will be praying for you. And if you ever want some super healthy and yummy things to eat...I will hook you up!:) Now the exercise part...well, I need to get my booty in gear too:) You can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete